Thread: Help?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Weeza

Welcome

Hi MAB,

Just wanted to leave you a message here to let you know you're taking care of yourself and I'm confident things in your life will be on the road to recovery, and from that, healing and peace so long as you keep to another day of not abusing drugs that aren't helpful to you experiencing peace and happiness.

I'm sorry you had to have terrible news about your family over the holidays but am impressed by how you haven't let rejection give you a reason to go back out and get loaded. You're on Day Seven and that's a miracle.... especially in the wake of crisis. So you have a lot going for you... hold on to that!

NA may appeal to you because there are many young adults in the meetings, and the Narcotics Anonymous book is modern and inclusive to all people who've abused substances for a variety of reasons. Discussions in meetings don't go into what drugs (including alcohol) were used and/or abused. Perhaps going to an NA meeting on campus and picking up a book will be helpful. It was for me when I was a student and found my way into an AA meeting held during lunchtime on campus.

There are also counselors at school and a women's center that will help steer you toward resources so that you won't have to go through detox and this new clean and sober life alone. It's all confidential and won't affect your academic record. I found it helpful to visit a women's center and go to student health for a counselor to be assigned to me. Both services were free and I had positive experiences from these actions.

Merry Christmas and nice chatting with you the other day. I believe for you that everything will work out. Just keep on staying clean and sober, come visit this board and post on how things are going for you, maybe check out the NA forum area, too. I will be doing so myself.

Take care,

Weeza