Notices

Help?

Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MAB

Help?

I've abused Benadryl for some time now, and though many people don't believe it is an abusable drug, I'll just post this anyways. (Would also suggest some reading for those who don't believe it is) Anyways, point is... this psychological part is really getting to me. There are some withdrawal symptoms, like vitamin C deficiency which would explain my weird craving for orange juice.. and my lack of sleep. I've had some horrible dreams lately too. It's been hard. I just got kicked out of my house. Things with my dad aren't going too great. All in all, I'm pretty down lately... and I just want to keep sinking. How am I supposed to deal with all of this? People always talk about working through their problems... I've never really worked through anything.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mab

I'd recommend seeing a Dr if you are worried about your Benadryl addiction and your health.

I think a counsellor could help too with the other stuff - I'm in Australia, but the Salvation Army may run counselling services in your area.

Something like hopeline is always available too:

Hopeline-dot-com has free 1-800 line that will connect any caller in the US who needs help to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is:

1- 800-784-2433
and of course there's always people around here

welcome to SR
D
Old 12-23-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I don't know anything about a Benadryl addiction, but I think you can probably become addicted to dang near anything.

Not working through your problems....well, it's something adults have to do, or they do succomb to their addictions.

Just wanted to welcome you to SR. Keep Reading!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Great suggestions so far, you may want to check out NA or some other long term recovery program.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome

Hi MAB,

Just wanted to leave you a message here to let you know you're taking care of yourself and I'm confident things in your life will be on the road to recovery, and from that, healing and peace so long as you keep to another day of not abusing drugs that aren't helpful to you experiencing peace and happiness.

I'm sorry you had to have terrible news about your family over the holidays but am impressed by how you haven't let rejection give you a reason to go back out and get loaded. You're on Day Seven and that's a miracle.... especially in the wake of crisis. So you have a lot going for you... hold on to that!

NA may appeal to you because there are many young adults in the meetings, and the Narcotics Anonymous book is modern and inclusive to all people who've abused substances for a variety of reasons. Discussions in meetings don't go into what drugs (including alcohol) were used and/or abused. Perhaps going to an NA meeting on campus and picking up a book will be helpful. It was for me when I was a student and found my way into an AA meeting held during lunchtime on campus.

There are also counselors at school and a women's center that will help steer you toward resources so that you won't have to go through detox and this new clean and sober life alone. It's all confidential and won't affect your academic record. I found it helpful to visit a women's center and go to student health for a counselor to be assigned to me. Both services were free and I had positive experiences from these actions.

Merry Christmas and nice chatting with you the other day. I believe for you that everything will work out. Just keep on staying clean and sober, come visit this board and post on how things are going for you, maybe check out the NA forum area, too. I will be doing so myself.

Take care,

Weeza