View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mark75

A hub, with it's radiating spokes... we start at the circumference and reach our destination by one of many routes. Yea... that's my experience and I am glad Dr. Bob wrote that.

If I achieve a spiritual awakening and experience humility... If I try to align my will with God's, if I work to have God remove my defects and I make amends where it is possible... I move towards the hub... I've always taken direction from others, whether it be to me or to others, as a way to ensure the highest level of success... that the instructions, and at times delivered in a commanding way, as concern for the recovering alcoholic's life and recovery. But at times, sadly, there can be a judgmental tone... maybe that's how I hear it, but I believe that, at times, it is how it is said.

Precisely?

If I worked my step 4 first through the seven deadly sins, then back through an inventory of resentments and then introspectively in an attempt to better understand them... and I'm still able to go to God and ask for removal... does it really matter, to me and my recovery, if I fill in the list horizontally or vertically??

Thanx for your post Steve...

Mark