Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LKKPA
LKKPA

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site and I hope that I can find some help and support here. I am 40 days clean. I quit cold turkey which suprisingly wasn't hard to do. No withdrawals etc., just made up my mind that I needed to quit drinking. My drinking was for the most part in secret. I was a true blue closet drinker. Therefore, I am recovering on my own with no one knowing what I am going through. I am not craving a drink at all, but what I am struggling with is it being the holidays and all. I feel very lonely as I don't want to go out and be with my friends. I never realized how many of my activities centered around drinking. None of my friends are problem drinkers, just normal social drinkers. Little did they know that I would drink prior to going out with them so they wouldn't realize what a tolerance level I had. I never got drunk, just drank enough as often as I could to stay in a continued buzz. Now that I quit drinking, I feel depressed and hopeless and that I will never be able to go out and have fun again and I have been isolating myself. I think of New Years, going to Vegas, going out to play pool, camping at the lake, and well...all of the things I used to do with alcohol. I know I am rambling, but wanted to share my feelings of being lost. I'm not sure how to be out with friends again. It's not that I am afraid to say that I decided not to drink anymore, I just don't know how to relax and have fun with out it. I have had no energy or desire to do anything in the last few weeks. The first 2 weeks were not bad, but it seems to be getting worse. Anyone have any suggestions or has anyone experienced similiar?? Thanks.......