View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lagirl310
Sober Date 12/21/09

Back in the late 80s, early 90s I used to do ALOT of cocaine and thought I was addicted. It was costing more money than I had, trouble at work and problems in my relationships. And then day, I don't even remember why now I just kind of stopped. Over the years, every now and then I would get offered a line and from time to time I'd do it (usually when I was doing some late night drinking). But I never felt like I HAD to have it. As a matter of fact, about 5 years ago someone gave me a large bag of it. I had put it in my purse and forgot about it for over a year until one day I was at the airport (post 911) and freaked out when I remembered it was in there.

At the time I was using, I would have been labeled a drug addict because nothing was more important to me. But I'm certainly not addicted now and actually have no desire to do it again. Why would someone be labeled an alcoholic for the rest of their life just because they were once addicted to it? And trust me, I hope to one day feel the same way about alcohol, but I don't want to be labeled forever.

So what is the main difference between the two? Can someone explain? I'm open to all answers and all interpretations.