View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
loosinghope

dont know what to do

I have been looking for help and support so I thought I would give this a try. My wife of 6 years was arrested 3 months ago on 16 felony charges of obtaining cds by fraud. She was doctor shopping behind my back and going through alot of pills. I am a paramedic and she was good at hiding the addiction. The first time I knew she had a problem is when she called from jail. About 8 years ago she had a problem with bad drugs and went into treatment and was clean for 4 years. Since her arrest she has been going to a methadone clinic. Over the past sever months she has gone down hill and is wilting away. her 14 year old daughter is failing school, drinks, smokes, has sex with 19 year old men. My wife blames me for the way the daughter acts. I have tried to get her other help but she wont. As of 3 days ago she says she cant live in the same house and that i need to move. I have tried to talk to her and she doesnt have anything to say. I am seeking help for myself in dealing with this. the doctor says that im not crazy and that the methadone is making her not give a dam. I am about to throw in the towel and divorce her even though I love her very much and dont want to see the childs life get worse. Any help or advise would mean the world