View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TakingControl

Question "Friends" You Used To Use With

Good Evening SRC
I hope this finds everyone well

I have a question for all of you:

What did you do or how did you handle "getting" rid of the "friends" that you used to use with?

I ask because I had a really a good "friend" who I used to "use" with & she still currently is on pain meds (& abusing them) & I have found it really hard to face her or explain to her that I just cant be around/talk to her anymore - I do not want to hurt her feelings as like I said we were really close and we both sought eachother's comfort when there was no one else who would "understand" -
My approach thus far has been deleting her number out of my phone & contacts via email & just ignoring her but I feel extremely guilty just ignoring her when she has been reaching out to me - So I ask how have others dealt with similar situations ?- were you able to remain friends with someone who still is "unhealthy" or did you just have to cut off all contact - I just find it a really fragile situation and to be completely honest I don't trust that I could be around her face to face without being put in a compromising situation & I do not want to make my "problems" her or make her feel like I placing blame on her for my actions in the past -

Just looking for others advice or if they have been in a similar situations and what they have done?

Thanks To All Who Reply
<3 TC