View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Saphie

No_title-just_thoughts

Before I start, let me say that I'm not trying to cause some kind of controversy, but just want to put something down in writing.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been struggling during this, shall we say party time, good time, holidays etc.

Dangerously enough I came across an article yesterday regarding addictions.
It basically asked "Can overeaters ever eat fatty foods again? Yes of course they can."
"Can sex addicts ever have sex again? Sure they can. Good news for Tiger ."

You know where this is leading. Yes the next questions was:
"Can alcoholics ever drink alcohol again? And yes the answer was: Yes as long as they could control the out of control drinking."
Mmmmh, little struggling me was thinking: Don't drink hard liquor, just wine. Just drink at weekends and only have two. Yep that sounds like a plan starting Christmas Eve.

As I was sitting down to my sleepy cup of tea last night I started yawning and thought (I do a lot of that ) Would I like a glass of wine? Strangely enough the answer was: "No, not really".

My thoughts continued: Would I stick to the plan? Have just the two on a Fri/Sat and ignore the bottle (who am I kidding, it would be the biggest box I could find) in the kitchen for the remainder of the week? Heck no.
Fri/Sat - just the two? Heck no way. I'd be sneaking in a last one on my way to pass out.

I went to bed quite relaxed, because I didn't like my plan anymore. Good thing it wasn't Christmas Eve yet.

I wish everybody at SR a wonderful Christmas and an even happier New Year.
Marion