View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

For me, with what i have learned from my sponsor, being spiritually fit is a mixture of doing the things that i should be doing as outlined below and also working on character defects...at the very least be aware of the character defects and be willing to have them removed.

Your example of a guy who is racist and is not aware of it is not a shining example of being spiritually fit to me nor is the behaviour of Bill...which, the latter, is fine as i believe the program we work was sent to me by God through a man...and the program has been taught to me by God through the help of my sponsor who does have character defects after 23 years sobriety but knows what they are, is willing to have them removed and is actively working on them...as someone pointed out we are here to identify and work on our own character defects...if another person is happy to keep a few of their character defects or unwilling to look at them at all that is his concern, i certainly do not want to risk my sobriety for the sake of being willing, and indeed making an effort, to change:-)