Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ives

Well, I haven't seen mine in two weeks. Haven't called either. I only have had contact with her via email. This is the way to go for now. She will sit and stew in her juices and the situation that she has put herself in - namely, she is alone. The merry go round of my enabling her has stopped and I got off. She is kind of left spinning because I also have noticed these more frequent provocations. She is now sounding like a drowning woman, resorting to outright lies....today she said she had several invites to Christmas events but 'declined' because she did not want to 'cause trouble' blatant provocation for a reaction. Trying to guilt me by saying things like, "I'm putting on a plastic smile". She has learned all the 12 step talking points etc. Hell she has even gone so far as to say it is me with the drinking problem.

She is very confused about my abrubt change in behaviour, I can certainly tell that much. No more enabling, no more provocation.....and no more reactions from me with regard to her BS. She now states she has quit drinking. There simply isn't anyone left willing to play her silly little game, she knows it, and that's why the provocations are getting more and more ridiculous. I'm actually finding some of them laughable. She hasn't been able to start one argument.

Now if she does drink, she risks her parents finding out, and worse for her, her obstetrician finding out. She has actually effectively boxed herself into a corner. Her parents won't give her any money, I don't give her any money, she is essentially fending for herself with only social assistance keeping a roof over her head. All the while remaining indignant, and arrogant, that she is 'taking care of herself and her boy just fine.' lol. It's really transparent though.

Maybe now she understands just how close to the edge she is walking. Sucks to be isolated, sucks to be her......but she made this little mess for herself and has only herself to blame, and she knows it.