Thread: DubsDay3
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dedubya

DubsDay3

Sometimes I feel selfish posting things about myself, but it helps so.......
Here I am- 5am on day 3, and still hanging. Last night my wife was drinking her normal 2 glasses of chardonnay right beside me (her brain isn't wired like me to say the least), and I didnt say anything but it set off a storm of neurotransmitters in my brain that told me I could have a glass and be ok- I Didnt!!!!! I watched 'It Might Get Loud' movie with Jimmy Page, Jack White, and The Edge- absolutely awesome!!!! Watched it with headphones on my computer and the craving went away- music has always done that for me....
I really am having an easier withdrawal this time, just irritable ( I usually am not- the Dude abides as you know), no appetite, not really depressed but not my normal outgoing personality, anxiety will come out of nowhere but I pick up my guitar or watch a funny movie or whatever the heck I can to distract myself. I believe today may be a very dangerous crossing point, that dangerous ledge where you sort of level off and either 1- run with the momentum and go to a meeting (or something similar), or 2- start thinking you have whipped this thing. I think I will go to my first meeting since July today at noon....will let you know how that goes. I know this is long....so I will catch you later.
Dub