View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
shaun00

Originally Posted by bugsworth View Post
Yes basIam what you do is repeat...you repeat the same ideology that everyone in aa is taught to repeat. You see things the way you want to see them. You call me dangerous out of fear...you should not let your fear stand in the way of listening with an open mind.
There are worse things that I could do than allow people to see hope where you see none.
hi bugs.......is it warm in here or is it just me...lol.

i wasnt taught to repeat the same ideology in aa.
it was suggested to me that if i found anyone as hopeless and desperate as i was.....to share how i drank and how i stay sober.......period.

ive come across plenty of those over the years.....some listened and rejected it.....of those some found other programs.
some got drunk.........some died..........some stopped and found that once the drinking stopped their life lite up.

all ive got is a story of how i drank...........and how i stay sober.

personally i dont labour the point that if you dont stop you gonna die.
most alcoholics of my type that i work with are well aware of the fact that time is limited if drinking continues.
theyve been told by doctors....therapists..........

i believe that telling a drinker of my type that they are gonna die if they continue to drink is like pis@ing in the wind.
made no difference to my drinking.......why would it.....im alcoholic ill just have another and forget about the risks..
towards the end........i wished for the end anyway..

no point ......in going on about lossing life...............far better to show how life can become something wonderful...how life can become managable...and without fear...

i keep an open mind to how people stay sober.........frankly its none of my business.
if it becomes my business.....my ego becomes that of a drunk again.