View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 12:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I believe that the 'dire consequences' of continuing to drink and use can be shared within a message of hope, simply by sharing what happened to me (I did die and was given a 2nd chance) what happened and what it is like today.

I have done that many times in not only this forum but other forums on this site for years now. No one has to take their affliction to the lengths I did and I continue to pray and hope that others will find recovery without having to go the MAX the way I did (I was so damn stubborn). I have received PMs thanking me for being honest.

I have made a conscious effort to 'tone down' what and how I say things on this and other sites versus how I speak face to face. I realize that there is no facial expression or body language that a person can see on line, and thus it is a whole new means of communicating that there is a life in Recovery a pretty darn good one, that a person can achieve recovery, etc

All I have is my own ES&H from my own recovery and watching the recovery of those I work with.

J M H O

Love and hugs,