View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm tired

Holiday heartbreak

I'm wondering is any of the seasoned members-either family of or those in recovery can help me to deal with the upcoming holidays. My AD is not in my home as of a few days ago. She did her 3rd detox & was released last week & does attend outpatient therapy daily. The big issue now is who she is running with-total strangers she has met at meetings that quickly become her best friends-mainly male. Her comings & goings at all hours of the night wth lame excuses were the final straw as well as the 3rd detox in 6 months-used while in outpatient. Christmas is 5 days away & my family is destroyed by this disease yet it seems to her there is lack of any concern as to the destruction she has caused. I have decided to go away for the holiday to my sisters & my AD was invited to dinner as well. I prefer to not have the stress of such & wonder how to broach this topic . Her dad disowned her 3 weeks ago after the 2nd theft of his credit card & I am certain he will not be seeking her out. As a mother I feel such guilt feeling this way. Any advice or experience from someone that's been where I am now? As it is as well I have bought her gifts that I am not ceratin I may give her. How sad this all is .