Old 12-19-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

The unborn baby factor aside...

I am surprised by the idea of arresting someone post drug consumption and after the fact. Same as we wouldn't want to arrest someone as they walk into rehab high on illegal substances. We'll take them into recovery any way we can get them.

Has anyone heard of an addict who was arrested for substances used prior to arriving at rehab? I've heard of addicts having illegal drugs on them when they went to rehab and weren't arrested for possession.

The negligence in caring for an unborn baby is a whole 'nother can of worms. As a childless person by choice, I can't speak to it. It does outrage me, though, that women put their babies at risk with drugs, smoking, and excessive alcohol of course, but not enough to drive them away from receiving healthcare or recovery for the baby's sake, which is what I think cops in the maternity ward would cause.

I never would have known of such a thing happening if you hadn't posted it, Transform.

** Heavy issues are tough to discuss openly, I agree, but I consider it part of my recovery to be able to hear about and talk about potentially hot collar topics without making it personal and derailling my sanity. I can't live like a hermit but I can't go wild if I hear about something that upsets me either.

Much respect.

Alice