View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Elsie

Codependecy, did you tell?

If you were/are one of those like me....still in a relationship with your alcoholic loved one, do they know you're a codependent? Do they see you reading books getting help for it?

As i've mentioned before, I got 2 books about codependency from the library, and hid them tonight when he came over.
I'm worried that he's going to see them, start reading them, and see that it's telling me about detatchment etc. and he's going to be angry and cause a scene.
I know that people can be codependent even without an alcoholic in thier lives, but he knows he's one (we don't really talk about it often) and I'm concerned about the outcome. Some people have said to work on codependency for a year before making a choice regarding the relationship, am I to hide this for a year? (If we make it that long)

After the kids were in bed, we started discussing something, and we got on the topic of drinking, and he mentioned he only had 5 beers tonight, and I guess I made a face. He said "You'd be happy if I never drank anything ever again huh?"
I don't think I said anything, he just said "Yeah, I know what you're doing" and then left me standing there and went to bed.