View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rockworm

When doing step 4 resentments, the 4th column asks us to look at our part in why we have the resentment. It is from this we have part of our amends list. If I did something that I need to make amends for, I identify the person to whom it is owed.

There are two more categories of inventory, that of fear and sex. There may be a fear, but no resentment, that relates to something you have done to somebody and you want to make amends to clear the fear.

Finally, there is the sex. Think of this in terms of people who you have harmed. It may not always be a sexual situation.

The amends list come from all three categories.

Finally, while you had no part in your father walking out, you held the anger for years. I suspect this interferred with any relationship you may have had with him. My father passed away when I was 6. There were times I was angry at him for being the car that had the accident. I was the one carrying the anger, therefore I contributed to my own spiritual illness.

Hope this helps

All quotes from the Big Book are from the First Edition.

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
My biggest confusion has come from why the amends list comes from Step 4. I had lots of people I need to make amends to that are not listed on my inventory as I had no resentment with them. The other thing is that some on my inventory I do not feel I need to make amends to (for instance, resentful at my Dad for walking out..I had no part in that)

Can anyone help explain the complete correlation between Step 4 & Step 9?