Thread: A year ago..
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dream2bClean
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Flutter,

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for this post, for me being what i like to call "deatiled" but others would call it "long winded" haha. SO no need to apologige for a long post expecially due to the fact that it MADE MY DAY and I THANK YOU VERY MUCH for that. I am where you were a year ago.

I NEEDED to read this post today, right at this moment, and I know that from being an active user on SR several years ago one of the things that stands out is that the posts on SR always seem to HT HOME and sometimes HIT ME WHERE IT HURTS...but HELPS as well.

Everything you said hits home so clearly but I want you to know that you have given me hope, foir my life, me career, my marriage, my daughter and overall family and I appreciate you for givng me that hope b/c I need it so very badly right now.

I know I am in contro of my destiny and that with SR and possible other recovery methods AA/ NA I have not used that yet but know I will not probably be able to sdo it without another outlet.

By the Grace od God, I got a job yesterday after a year of unemployment after losing a job post spinal fusion surgery, which lead me down the road to my current pain med addiction (that I justify b/c oif my surgery) which is not acceptable but I am trying to get honest.

Sorry to make this about me but your post REALLY hit home and I want you to know that YOU have ALREADY helped me so very much just by showing me what you have and reminding me of how much I want to be just like you.

Yes, Flutter you alcoholic, I want to be just like you and dont want to accept anyhting less b/c you (as well as tons of others here on SR and in the rooms previously) have showed me that it is possible, that I am avbout to start on this journey b/c I have to have this new job or we wont be able to keep our home for our daughter but I know right now my recovery has to come first and if I lose everyhting to get there, SO BE IT...b/c I HOPE and PRAY that 1 year form today I will be making a post just like this and it will have a lot to due with the fact that you posted this and gave me HOPE TODAY!

Thank you Flutter, more than you will ever know...Ill keep you posted if you dont mind...can you PM me oir post a little more in detail, see I love the long posts but I knw everyone doesnt, but what your early days were like, how you got through them, what was you main motivation, and anyhting esle you think that someone in the early early early stages of hopefully soon to be recovering person such as myself need to hear b/c I believe you have this information to offer and I NEED IT!

Again THANK YOU and please keep in touch!
<3 Dream