Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ElegantlyWasted
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I have a happy beginning... I have not had a drink in 141 days. Prior to that my parents did not enable me too much. They supported me to the extent that I had a roof over my head (though at the time I think they were really looking after my cats and did no relish the idea of me pushing them around in a shopping cart). Fortunately they were in a financial position to do so. I have resumed a caring, loving and respectful relationship with them and the few friends I had left. I am currently studying for a professional exam that will open alot of doors, as well as fixing my credit. Every day I don't drink because I know the possibility of another downward spiral is not what I want. I've seen my parents take excellent care of my 100 year old Grandmother; I want to be there for them as they age. I've realized that perfection really doesn't exist in the real world and that I can happily settle for excellence and relate to others in a constructive meaningful way. The ending was a mess, but the beginning is wonderful for me. I actually look forward to getting up most mornings.