Old 12-17-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Iwantcontrol))

There are "Happy Endings"

But not all of them as you would see in a movie with the couple remaining together surviving all, and the A never drinking again . . .

We have some that go to AA and manage their disease while their partner never seeks recovery

We have some that go to AA, don't stay but the partner seeks help in Al-Anon and learns to live with the active disease

We have some that both embrace programs of recovery and have a recovery relationship

Yes there are some that One partner enters recovery and the other partner doesn't - it becomes to painful, unhealthy and unsafe to remain in the relationship. The one must step out of the way, let the other follow their destructive path - One must save themselves.

All of these are Happy Endings - Maybe not the BEST Ending - But Happy - Why because each of us has the opportunity to make a CHOICE about what is right for US - what makes us able to live Life on Life's terms

How I can live Happy, Joyous and Free - Just for Today

I hope this answers your question - I hope that you will seek help for you thru Al-Anon and other recovery programs - to help you seek what is the answer for YOU - what is your choice!

HUGS,
Rita