View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katie44

He looked horrible

Not a good day today. Spouse and I have detached from AS, its been difficult however we realize no amount of help from us will help him. This is his battle. Received a phone call from him at work this morning asking me for help. I wasnt going to go but I did. I picked him up dowtown, his coat was covered with blood, soles falling off his shoes, black eyes and a swollen mouth. He said someone beat him up last nite. I couldnt be bothered with the details it would probably be a lie. It is so sad seeing him like this, he broke down crying the usual " he feels like comitting suicide" "Every day is a struggle," "he just gets on his feet and everything colapses". I bought him a sandwich and coffee and dropped him off where he is staying ( it looks like a rat infested hole.) I pray daily for his recovery, it is just a vicious circle with him. I cried all the way back to work, keep thinking is he ever going to find recovery. He is 22 years old, he looks 10 years older. I know the chances he may choose to live this way for years to come. Its just so sad, no one truly understand until you are the parent of an addict.