View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dream2bClean
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Post Book recommendations???

I am sure this has been posted on this site quite a bit before, but i have been gone a few years but I am back, not sober, but figuring out how to get there b/c I am on the type of stuff you just cant stop without getting really ill and I have gone further this time in my using than I ever though I would so i need to have a plan to get sober other than just quit b/c I know I will get very sick. However that is not the point of my post right now althugh any and all feedback is always welcome in regards to my addiction and how to get out of it, but for now I am planning a quick trip to the library in a little bit and would really like some recommendations on books of recovery, I am a big reader, used to do a lot more reading when I wasnt drunk or high but now the only thing I know to go eight bakc to doing besides that to be happy in my life is to read. I have read quite a few books already and for me right now would prefer non-fiction autobiographies, hopefully not to trigger but that will inspire and give me ideas on looking into my own addiction. I have read the big book, 12steps 12 traditions, the NA book (sorry cant remember the name offhandf which prob. means I need to read it again a million little pieces, my friend leonard, scar tissue, and a few other just to give you an idea of those I liked.

I appreciate all of your suggestions. I am off to run some errands but will pop back in in a while to see if I have any recommendations before I head to the library.

THANK YOU!