View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Marie glad to see you back, you ask for suggestions, here are a few questions/suggestions.

Are you willing to go to any lengths to get and stay sober?

If you are then it is time to be brutally honest with your self and politely honest in all of your affairs. It is time to become open minded, do not close your mind to anything until you have given it your best. It is time to be willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober. If some one suggest to go to meetings and get phone numbers and call those people do it, I know it sounds stupid calling people for no other reason then to say "Hi, how you doing?", but what this does is create a network of people that you are comfortable calling because this gives you the comfort to call them when you are thinking of drinking.

Do you have a sponsor or a temporary sponsor?

Having a sponsor saved my butt, when I had questions about AA or how to stay sober he was my go to guy, but my phone network was my safety net when I could not get hold of my sponsor.

If you do have a sponsor have you taken the steps with her?

For me the fellowship was awesome in regards to face to face support as well as them sharing thier experience, strength, & hope, but meetings and the fellowship were not the key to me maintaining my sobriety and regaining my sanity.

I needed a solution to my problems and a higher power of my choosing and understanding to help me work the solution to my problems. The steps led me to a solution and a HP to aide me in that solution. The steps resulted in me having the obsession to drink lifted & for my sanity to be returned.

Get into the middle of AA, do not sit on the side lines listening and watching, get into the fellowship & the program, help others through service work.

AA is a program of action, not inaction! We take the steps, we clean house & we help others.