View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Ago

So... I would definitely have gone to Bill to discuss experience with regards to say... alcoholism, but not so much things like relationship advice or fidelity
Which seems appropriate, since the program Bill founded was called "Alcoholics Anonymous" about how to get and stay sober, and one of the big issues people have with sponsorship are the ones that give/expect relationship advice.

Seems a double standard to not have a sponsor because you don't want anyone to get all up in your grill, and call you on your BS, and then turn around and do the same to Bill.

The Carpenter said something about casting the first stone.

This isn't philanders anonymous, or SLAA, or SAA or relationship advice anonymous, it's alcoholics anonymous, and it's about how to recover from my alcoholism. I was told at my first meeting, you never have to drink again, not you never have to cheat on your wife again, or all your money troubles will disappear.

So Bill was probably Bi-polar, or a self admitted "depressive" at the very least, and one of the ways he tried to self medicate was knocking off pieces on the side, since we now know the "intrigue" of sexual pursuit releases the same endorphins as many drugs, so here we get to write off our pasts to alcoholism, we work the steps and get a free pass going forward (as long as we continue to work them) and then we take the gift so freely given us and use it to take our founders inventory and run him down?

I try to take my inventory, not the other man's, and I try to work my program, not the other man's, and I have learned I can only work one program at a time, myself or the other man's, although, I have often wanted to rewrite the tenth step as well to say we continued to take other peoples inventory, and when they were wrong, pointed it out to them and others.

Gossip is Gossip is Gossip, a form of feeling smug and superior to those around us, whether it's about someone living or dead, and I've been taught it's a soul sickness in it's own right, and quite frankly, my program friends don't let me do it, they interrupt me when I start.