View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
McGowdog

I agree that Bill was some kind of spook when he wrote what he did of that Big Book, even if he did do a little cutting and pasting. The formation of the 12 Traditions and the 12 Concepts... they have yet to show their full legacy and purpose. I'm sure that Bill W was on fire for quite some time and dedicated the rest of his life at his desk... to serve us.

But the states of his consciousness throughout his later life was no picnic... and a testament as to why we do steps yearly. We also continue to stay plugged into 10, 11, and 12 throughout our life and know that we must continue forward on this spiritual path. We have become addicted to the world of the Spirit. It's easier said than done. It's a wonder some of us don't float of into space or become invisible... aka die a bodily death. Oh, that's right! We do that too. Who's to say what our states of consciousness are after we leave this body.Yet we all judge the one whe DOES commit suicide.

I think Bill was different from some of us, that he had such powerful spiritual experiences early on... thank God it lead him to his altruistic path. I'm seeing that some of these "mystics" have a hard time finding usefulness and purpose with the human condition.

To pull yourself out of the human condition and work your way towards the World of the Spirit and away from what can be reached from the ego, we must live in Truth. You then pull from the universe the power to face those consequences and keep moving on up. But if you live a lie, your antennae is set to negative and you cannot transcend on to those higher states.

So... I would definitely have gone to Bill to discuss experience with regards to say... alcoholism, but not so much things like relationship advice or fidelity. Oh, but we're only human, right?