View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
honoryourself

Questions for the laywer?

Hey All! Very generic question but this is my second (different) divorce lawyer consult, coming up tomorrow. If anyone has a chance to post ANY suggestions on things to bring up or ask about, please let me know. I have a free consult which will last 1 - 1.5 hours and I want to get as much out of it as I can.

I have immigration issues in my case. As well as an AH husband with no 'evidence' that he is an A, however potential evidence of him using drugs. I am trying to get a separation and a divorce ASAP, and in my state you have to wait 1 yr from a no fault divorce, separated, in different households. I can't afford an apartment and the house payments, but he isn't paying for anything and isn't interested in leaving the house, and with the recent drugs I"m sure he would let it go to shiz sooner than later. I would like to be able to get him out of the house but not sure that's possible. If I could get grounds for an absolute divorce, that would be great, but I'm not sure how I can do that. No evidence of adultery and no physical abuse (at least, yet.. throwing things around the house sometimes though! My camera phone pictures of the two aftermaths are probably not enough..)

Anyway, any suggestions would be great, gotta get the most for my 'money'! Thanks