Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Slayer, Boleo is 100% correct because he is talking out of his experience. He is using A.A. for his method of alcoholism recovery.

Not the only path, but a path worthy of reacon. "Go out and help another drunk." I cannot see how this would harm anybody who is themself one who both has a problem with booze and wants to take an active part in getting away from the obsession of it.

But Boleo... come on back over to where you are welcome. Dog-paddle on over to 12 Step Support where we can discuss this in peace. You're welcome too Slayer. We won't bite.

I had some fun in my drinking days... but I also have some police officers, doctors, nurses, lawyers, probation officers, judges, DA's, public defenders, road signs, rear quarter panels, ashtrays and walls, friends and family, etc. that would beg to differ how "fun" I was. I have not puked in anybody's face or on anybody's floor or on anybody's bar or pee'd on anybody's couch for a long long long time. When I wake up, I don't have to ask the person in the bed with me, "Did I hurt you last night?" or "And what was your name again?"