View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Gratitude - Saturday?

As the title implies I am feeling very gratefull today, and it's a Saturday!! LOL, shock horror!! haha.

It is hard to remember this time two weeks ago I was all over the place mentally and feeling really quite irritable, anxious and tormented.

How things can change. I am feeling pretty damn good today about things and getting to lots of meetings and sharing has really aided that.

I am soooo gratefull to have 100% acceptance of my alcoholism. Things are so much easier. I no-longer dread the future but instead am feeling fairly excited about what things may be around the corner.

BUT... I am ever aware that there is an alcoholic demon resting on my shoulder who will be more than willing to pounce if I ever get too complacent.

I am really starting to get into recovery now and embracing the program of AA and I am finding that this not drinking lark is little about the alcohol but more about the living and how I think/live.

It is only by hitting your lowest ebb will you be gratefull for certain 'joys' of recovery. Most people wouldn't even appreciate them but I do... Just little things like talking to someone in the street with your head held up high and not worrying that you may have said something offesive to them.

Gratefull more than ever to be sober and I urge anyone new to this sobriety lark to stick with it because the alternative really ain't all that.

peace and love xxx