Old 12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SeekingPeace01

Thanks all!! Welcome Falshy!! Congrats on Day 6! It is worth it (that's what I keep telling myself!)!!! Seriously, this job . . . ugh. Leaving is a HUGE stepping stone for me in breaking my "ties that bind" . . . Let me tell you, people are nearly falling off their chairs when I tell them I put my notice in . . . I've become a cornerstone to our establishment over the years. Man, it feels so good. I feel like Julie Andrews singing from the mountaintops in the Sound of Music or something . . .

Getting sober for good is pretty scary for me to fathom, so I just keep taking it one milli-second at a time. And I keep putting one foot in front of the other in the direction I want to go in and away from the path I've been on for so, so long. I figure that if I keep doing this, one day I'll look up, and I'll be so far away from the ugly road I was on and firmly planted on the road I am meant to be on . . . and no longer saying what I've been saying for too many years, "This is not the life I'm meant to live." I know it will take time, but every day I get closer to realizing my goals. Every little step and even the big ones, like quitting this job, liberate me from the ties that bind and prove to me what I am capable of doing without alcohol in my life. I am finally starting to fill my potential. Something I have not even scratched the surface of doing in the last ten years living in a bottle.

Cheers to day 6 and every other day everyone else is on . . . May we all have the strength to get through today in order to lay our heads down tonight and thank the universe for helping us get through another day sober!!

I really want to click on a little star to put in here, but they're so kind of creepy lol