View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

(((((HG))))) I'm so sorry honey

I'm having a wee emotional crisis myself today, cried all the way through my meeting. My year is approaching and the spectre of my last drunk haunts me.

Amy, pbrc.com is an excellent resource for potential pit owners to discourage the faint of heart. I have a pit "puppy", and they are notoriously hard to potty train (only dog I have ever had to work with, and she was still near a year before she figured it out). I have rescued probably 2 dozen dogs in the past 20 years, and she is the only dog I have ever had to work on her "mouth" manners and the only one I have had to strenuously socialize. She is the only dog I have who lives on a chain when in the front yard, because they are fantastic fence jumpers, and they scare the cr@p out of people when they do. (she has her own fancy back yard, and prefers the house anyway, dont feel too sorry for her

I am so happy to hear you are deterring her. While our Punkin is the smartest, most comical dog I have ever owned, pit bulls have SUCH a bad rap that you have to be absolutely the most responsible pet owner possible to own one, lest an accident happen and you add to the problem.
In my sig has always run the line "ban the breed, not the deed" as I would surrender my every wordly belonging, my freedom and possibly my life before you would take that dog from me because of ignorance and fear. They are a loving, intelligent breed that deserve so much more than they usually get.