View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I had a long post, computer went psycho and it's gone.

((HG and Mr. HG)) I'm sorry for the day you've had I can imagine it's even harder when any family member doesn't want to accept the severity of your MIL's illness. Strokes are so hard for people to understand because some people DO get better with therapy...yet some don't. My 36-year-old coworker that had a stroke at work is still paralyzed on his left side and can't speak. Last time I spoke with his wife, she said he was in a "rehab" but when I looked up the address, it is a nursing home

As for the dog, I know it hurts. I'm saying extra prayers for you and the little fella. Even though it wasn't your fault, I know how much something like that hurts.

We had a good time, and I got Brit to take a picture of us with my camera, but I just tried to use photobucket and they've changed it and I can't figure it out. Heck, I can't even get OUT of it, now!

We did have an almost-heated discussion when Brit said she wanted a pit bull puppy. We finally convinced her that she doesn't have the time to put into a puppy. I told her of all the time Anvil went in late to work, came home early, and got up every 2-3 hours EVERY NIGHT FOR WEEKS to housetrain the dog....Brit didn't seem too keen on that, so she's dropped the subject.

She and I were also talking about rich/famous people getting off with crimes and only getting a "slap on the hand" and I explained that some people can afford high-priced lawyers, some have judges "in their pockets", etc. Justice isn't always fair. This led to a conversation about her grandfather and his wife. THEY had a lot of money and power when we fought them for custody and literally put us through the wringer.

Brit never knew the full extent, and I finally told her...I figure she's old enough. She's a bit angry at them, moreso at her "dad's" stepmother, who was the one causing most of the trouble. She had always thought we just made her go see them or her dad...now she knows that we had to do what the court ordered, for a very real fear that we would lose her. She also knows that they put my dad through a pretty bad ordeal at one time.

I'm glad I told her. I think she has more of an appreciation that she has ALWAYS been very wanted and loved, and we fought, desperately for her. She's often said "no one wants me" and now she knows different. Of course, we've ALWAYS wanted her, but now she knows that since she was one year and 2 weeks old, and her mama died, we have fought her grandparents, her dad, and the courts in order to keep her.

I think about those of you who grew up in dysfunctional families and I KNOW my family is dysfunctional, but I'm trying my darndest to give Brit the tools to deal with it in a healthy way.

If I ever figure out how to post the picture, I will.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy