View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Got to admit...I have no idea what God's plan is for me today....

My MIL is in the hospital after having a stroke....I went to visit her this morning, and she is vomiting! I tell one of the nurses and ask if the Dr. is still on the floor. He was and came to speak to me. He believes that my MIL had another stroke this morning, but they are not going to do another MRI because know definitively would not change her treatment. He mentioned perhaps arranging for hospice care....

So I had to drive back to the house where Mr. HG was waiting for an electrician to change out the entire electrical panel for the house....and tell him what the doctor told me. I stay at the house (dark with no electricity), and he goes to the hospital to see him mother and try to talk to the doctor. The doctor tells him essentially the same thing. He does not believe my MIL will benefit from extensive PT. In fact, to him it would seem like torturing her to no benefit. I must admit, that I agree.

We hope that if she stabilizes by tomorrow, she will be released to a very nice nursing home. It's unlikely that she will return to her assisted living apartment...much to the chagrin of one of my SIL's. This woman wants her to undergo all sorts of PT to get back to assisted living and states that putting her mother in a nursing home will be "the end". It's going to be hard having her in town because she will refuse to see her mother's real condition.

And.....because we were tired and hungry, Mr. HG and I went to pick up a dinner at our local eatery...I was driving.....a dog came out of the shadows on the side of this little, two-lane road, and I hit it. I immediately stopped, and Mr. HG got out and looked all around for the dog, but could not find it. We went on to pick up dinner, and stopped and looked again on the way back with absolutely no luck.

So, I'm weeping, sad, depressed, trying to call animal rescue and animal control numbers in town and getting no answer. Mr. HG is writing an e-mail to his siblings trying to get them to understand the full story of their mother's condition, and our oven does not work after the electrical work that was done today....I feel like scum of the earth after having to tell Mr. HG about his mother and after hitting that dog, and I just don't know what else to do...