View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Mariposa)) - sounds like some great books!!!

((Grateful)) - I've learned one of the simplest things I can ask for is a hug My mom was a "hugger". When the church we belonged to and she worked at gave her a retirement party, they had a skit about her being the "happy hugger".

I've also had to tell dad "I just need some REST!!!" He finally stopped bugging me, if I took a day of rest, realizing that I really DO know what I need and I shouldn't have to ask for a "day off" or demand it.

I'm not cooking again tonight. Dad got a few checks and is taking us all out to eat! Brit was whining..wanted me to take her and I in MY car so she can smoke and crank up the stereo but I told her that was pretty dumb, to take 2 cars for that, and I just don't have the gas. She's already pretty much over it.

Her ex-best friend got beat up last night. She was with some other girls, at 5 a.m.!!! They were drunk and taking xanax, Brooke was talking bad about each of the girls behind their backs, they figured it out and jumped her. She SAYS she "won" but had to go to the hospital today. I am SOOOOOOO glad Brit is not hanging around with her any more. I told her "see? What goes around DOES come back around and you don't have to have anything to do with it! I'm just glad you weren't involved!!" She was here....asleep in her bed.

Dad told me, today, how much he is enjoying all this "good mood" stuff at home. I was doing my stores and got all teary-eyed at my gratitude for my life today

The weatherman must have gotten his meteorology license from K-Mart. Instead of rain and thunderstorms, it was extremely sunny and 68 degrees? He did get the "gusty winds" part right, though.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy