Thread: No Parties?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

My life has been very isolated lately due to loss of my job and then being out of circulation due to surgery. That has been hard on me, but I've been using it to really dig hard into my recovery program. Lots of time to meditate, journal, come here, find other information online that I can use.

Of course doing TOO much of that can drive me nuts as well, but I have been devoting a goodly chunk of my day to it. A sort of recovery boot camp?

I am also working on some art projects.

I AM attending NA meetings which is a spot of fellowship in my day, and a real life saver.

Have you made any friends here that you might be able to keep in contact with via chat or phone?

Time to take up meditation? Or Tai Chi? Or Belly Dancing? Or cleaning out your old book, music, and stuff collection to fit your new way of life and thinking?

I'm just brainstorming through some of the things that have helped ME deal with my period of isolation. It's been really hard for me to not be able to just go out and DO something...or for several weeks even just do something in my own living space...being stuck on the couch sucks!

The best advice of all that I can give you is that you only have to do it one day at a time. Just figure out what you are going to do on a day to day basis, dont overwhelm yourself by thinking 'oh no, what am I going to DO for 6 weeks!?'

That is how I've been able, and continue to be able to get through it.