Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dolce7dolore

Originally Posted by Kimm992 View Post
I definitely have some abandonment issues.

If someone doesn't do something they say they are going to do or doesn't show up when they are supposed to my automatic reaction is to pull myself away from that person and cut them out (emotionally).
I agree fully with this. I see myself doing this sort of thing all the time when a friend (or a date) doesn't come through. I think, well, they're crap anyway, irresponsible, etc. and then I make sure to do something just a notch worse in return, and pull away. I'm actually in the middle of doing this pulling away thing right now...

I'm really starting to lose hope in humanity to be honest... it's fun being a young misanthrope! Sorry... I'm not usually this negative, but I just can't help it with what's going on right now, off topic, anyway...

Yes, I do have big abandonment issues, and I have no doubt that it comes from the emotional abuse from my parents (my mother once literally walked away from my bedside when I was crying hysterically just a year ago... she was completely sober). Sometimes there are people out there that you meet that simply aren't reliable. Some are, and I have no idea how to tell if I'm overreacting or not. I've never screamed at someone for not following through with their word like your friend, but I've never been physically abandoned, so I'm sure she was much worse to another degree.