View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ladyhawk69

It's been so long since I've contacted this board (or so it seems). I just feel the need to update everybody on what is up with our lives and am soooooooo needing some support.
Labor Day monday, Chris checked himself into the mental health fac. for his drug dependency. He was doing so well. He checked himself out on the 21st and went missing for about 10 days. To keep it short, we all involved the police (fearing the worst) but all ended up ok, he was doing it on his own. He has since tried to go to VA rehab but nobody had a bed for him so I allowed him to come back home, finish a job to help us financially and he was to go after that.
......................He still is not in rehab........................
The deal was, he was to take care of me for awhile because I am going through a new cancer diagnosis and had surgery on Nov 17.
-----I know.... QUACKING

Last night, he dipped into the vodka and was very argumentative. We argued a bit and he got violent. Grabbed my face and my arm. Crying the whole time and asking him to stop, his only response was "boo hoo". Literally, that's what he said! That really hurt me emotionally because I have breast cancer and just had surgery 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had 12 lymph nodes removed and THAT WAS THE ARM HE WAS GRABBING. He managed to take $200.00 out of my purse when I wasn't looking. (money for christmas for my two young kids) I called the police, sent him away, turned off his phone and am not looking back. Today, I start with ME. I will choose to smile, I will choose to laugh, I will choose to be happy, I will choose NOT to enable anybody. I will be a woman, a mom, a beautiful person and above all, A CANCER SURVIVOR!

---Kim