Thread: Omg
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
liesagain

I know how heartbreaking it is having my husband as the addict in my life..............I am also the mother of 3 ( my two 18, and 21 and my husbands son 13)

Its horrible to face what they are doing and hard to tell family.......my 21 year old still will not speak to her stepfather.......and the kids have never seen him on drugs.........his drug is crack and he disappears for 24 -48 hours then returns...........stays clean for 6 months or so and does it again ( this has been for the last 3 years)
hes been in and out of treatment and the only reason I havent given up is because he knows he has a problem and he keeps trying...........after each fall hes been willing to seek help

I dont know whats best for you and your son...............but I know for me that when i was picking up the peices and keeping it secret.............the relapses were closer together and we the family suffered the pain, fear and disappointment

The last time I did not lie I closed his business I told him ............you go to threatment you stay for entire thing or I'm done ...........its a 10 month treatment and hes still there thank you HP
but I came to see he is and will always be an addict but we dont have to live like that