View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
AW2486

Jim,

I'm glad you said 25 or more years !! Then I'm not an old timer I don't feel like one.

I gave my sponsor 27 year chip a few weeks ago. For most of those years he has never had a sponsor. I have been suggesting he find one. Being patient, He asked somebody with 2 years of sobriety. That has been in and out of this program for 28 years. This time he did the deal and is on fire, almost glowing. A miracle. My Sponsor said he picked him because this man has a strong spiritual component to his life.

He asked me if I thought he was crazy, I see nothing wrong with it, and said It was a great choice.

I agree with Steve, We had some bad meetings for years in my town, which led to sick fellowship. In my Wed night meeting a few old timers started picking the topics - The steps or passages in the BB. And always started the meeting getting it on track right away. The content of those meetings changed, and the fellowship followed along. I think sick meetings with sick fellowship have a content problem.

Who's responsibility is it to change the content? That has been beat to death in this forum. But I think it is the root of the problem with sick fellowship.

I have daily living problems like everybody else. I have meetings and a strong healthy fellowship I can call on at anytime. I hope your man can find his.

Last edited by AW2486; 12-01-2009 at 04:58 PM.