Thread: First
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freespirit

First

Hello all,

The database must be messed up as I cannot get the website to allow me to post new... so test posting here sorry!

This is my first time posting I just found this forum yesterday. I have a problem with binge drinking. I really have no desire to drink at any time nor do I drink alone etc. But when we do go out where there is drinking (husband and me) I just can not seem to handle my alcohol anymore. Well about the last 5 years anyways. I cannot tell when I had enough - It seems I go from just fine and then in an instance “black out” and don't remember the night. I know I have fallen down before etc as I do remember some points in the night.

I feel if people try and avoid me (which I am sure they do). I would never even want to go out to places that drink but my husband likes to socialize in this manner and its about the only times we get out of the house to do anything together so I force myself to go and then end up drinking way to much.

I then feel like a worthless idiot the next day and feel like I partially blame my husband for not watching out for me (which yes I know I should do myself) but he likes to stay for hours upon hours when we go. And if I do not drink then I get so bored and can't stand talking with others that are drinking so I feel I have to join them but I go way overboard about 99% of the time.

We usually only go out one night a week. I really don't have any friends that do not drink and it seems like even some of those don't like to be around me anymore.

What should I do? I have tried to limit myself to only a few drinks, have asked the bartenders to make my drinks light etc... But nothing seems to work I end up having way too much and it seems like in instant there I am drunk and wasted.

I really am a shy person so I think that drinking does help me socialize more but geesh I don't want to be an idiot either or be noted as a lush.

Thanks for listening.