Thread: ?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Yeah i know what you mean thinking back, i guess something you won't want to hear is that honestly i would not have quit at 23, I wouldn't have even sat at a meeting, no way!

I think it is funny to hear people my age, 38, saying that if they could go back to 23 they would have quit and had a great life...hmmm maybe if they were a completely different person with a completely different make up they may have done so!

Personally i had to go through the crap of 20+ years of drinking, hurting myself and everyone around me, sick as f*ck and not knowing what the hell was wrong with me, wasting my time trying to control something that i never could have in the first place, shattered dreams, blah blah consequences galore etc...but you know all what will follow if you stay out there...

One thing i have seen and learned is just cos you walk back into the chaos doesn't mean you got a ticket to get back into sobriety again, so i would talk to my sponsor about this and get on with working the steps...which one are you working at the moment?