Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
meditation

I am so glad that phase of my addiction is done. I could get high just popping the needle now without any drug and that is insanity. My veins are still trying to recover and I hope I never have to go thru chemotherapy cause I am in for a bad time with just finding veins.

And I never ever thought my addiction would progress to that point but the pills weren't doing it for me anymore. And here is the most sick part of all........ I loved at the time now, I loved the decadent feel of being bad cause for most of my life I lived a good fairly pure life and I hit my late 30's and I guess it was some mid- life crisis to not feel so boringly pure at the time. I wish I could have skipped this part of my life and not done this and maybe just gotten a tattoo or something.

I stopped using morphine and just stopped cold and went back to pills and a year ago I stopped using anything and have been in recovery. I sometimes get wistful about how morphine made me feel but I don't miss the rest now. You can and do get over it with time.