Thread: Bottoms Pt. 130
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
gypsytears
not a greeter

Part 130 WOOT!

I don't care for the winter holidays either. They represent sadness to me. Not due to my drinking in the past but it's been since my mother passed away I guess.Some of you may already know this: She was diagnosed with lung cancer in May 2006. Did the whole chemo and radiation bit and by September was in and out of the hospital. Mostly in. When she was home it wasn't good... very sick she was. So by around Thanksgiving that year was really towards the end. I cooked the dinner she would've made and we all ate while she lay in the hospital.Of course we spent part of the day with her as well. I had the teen & prodigy.... my sister had my neices but rarely did she bring them to the hospital. I however camped out there with the babies in the double stroller all day till midnight most every day.She passed away on December 12.... 3 days after my brothers birthday...4 days before mine. Her funeral was on my birthday that year .My step dad didn't want to but I couldn't see how waiting another day would make it any better so we did it on my birthday. Christmas was very sad that year. I cooked, did the same dinner as she would've made and all that. I do it every year. But... this time of year always brings all of those memories back fresh and new as if it were yesterday.

I know holidays are supposed to be happy but for me they are not. Add to the problems I have at home are usually in full swing at any holiday time anyway. Holidays are for the children.if I didn't have any I would hibernate all winter.