Old 11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cucumber2Pickle

Anyone know somebody who has completed or is going through treatment?

My boyfriend started his treatment officially today (before he just had a few assesments) he is going to be going 4 hours a day m-thursday. He has so much drive to do this and succeed - Im so proud of him and I hope he maintains that attitude.

But Im also wondering what I have to look forward to - This weekend we fought and I was crying on the phone to his mom - she told me that if he ever becomes the person he was before he drank that I would probably fall in love with a brand new person because he was so sweet, caring and loving. I know that person may never come back but knowing that he wasnt always like this helps me a little bc I know that the person he is now is this way bc of his addiction.

If you know somebody who is currently in treatment - has their attitude, behavior or anything changed? What have you noticed that is different? Good and Bad of course

and if you know somebody who has completed treatment - how are they different? did they ever lapse and if they did, did they go back to the way they were?

I just hope that Chance gets through this to better himself. But in a small selfish way I hope that aggressive, selfish and mean person just goes away....at least for the most part....