View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Originally Posted by HereComesTheSun View Post
Thank-you, Thank-you everyone for your replies!!!!

I went 3 days sober and then last night, friday night, after working a 12 hour shift- cracked... I had two 20 oz beers and 2 mixed drinks.. which isn't a whole lot for me, but I still drank

My problem is now I work in a bar, and hang out with other people who could also be considered alcoholics.

I put my 2 weeks in so I'm quitting my job in the bar, and after I quit my job it will be easy to lose my other drinking "friends"

I would seek medical help for this but, in all honesty, the last time I came home drunk, I broke down to my dad and told him about half of my problem, and gave him a small hint at how much I drink.. he suggested AA but other than that, I don't think he realizes how big of a deal it is, or how dangerous it can be, for someone like me to just simply quit putting alcohol into their body. I feel like if I went to the dr for it he would think I was silly for doing so or something. He thinks I've been sober for a week, ha! Sad he doesn't realize his little girl still sits in her room and gets drunk by herself after they've gone to bed.....

I will keep you updated on my progress and how things go.

In the meantime, I look forward to reading your guys' stories and offering everyone else support.
I doubt that your dad would find it silly that you needed some medical help if he knew that you were drinking as much as you are. That being said, why is it any of his business, or discretion on your plan for sobriety or treatment? I guarantee you any doctor that's worth their weight in anything will agree that you need some pretty close medical supervision detoxing off of the amount of alcohol your body has been used to.

I hope you get the help you need.