View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
RoseSalud

Sobriety circle...

Asta and VC - haven't given my congrats yet, so WAY TO GO. You two are an inspiration and keep me truckin' right along...

And to everyone that is joining the thread (or re joining, doesn't matter ) WONDERFUL to hear your stories and to have you here! I think it's pretty awesome that right when we have a few friends here make it to the 2 week mark...that new friends join on the journey. Kind of a circle of hope, right?

Bear - no worries about coming back on the thread after a few attempts in the past. This is my first time posting on this thread, and have made doing well so far...but I have posted on many, many other online support forums in the past and failed. That's my personality - get all excited and hyped up about recovery, post away, then relapse and hide and be too mad at myself to post again. So good for you for posting again - on the same forum

In fact the other day I was reading some posts on a different forum (few weeks ago, while I was drinking) and came across a woman saying how badly she wanted to quit, how she didn't know how, that she was drinking every day and felt like her spirit was gone. I thought 'christ that's just like me'. And then realized...it was me. It was a post I had posted about 1.5 years ago. That made me pretty sad to know I've struggled that long. But some of us do. And perhaps we need to in some way. Only God knows.

Anyways, on Day 8 today - feeling kind of weird physically - my limbs feel like they weight 200 pounds each, and I can't seem to drag myself out of bed. But emotionally I'm feeling optimistic. And have no desire whatsoever to go for a drink. I don't want to start this process all over again dang it.

Perhaps what will get me out the door is the thought of buying ice cream...sounds perfect nouble

Besos to everyone - enjoy your friday!
Rose

p.s. Carol - isn't that weird about the credit cards? I tried to get a loan once, but because I didn't have 'enough debit' on my credit cards, I couldn't get one. How horrible!
Sending prayers to your grandson and everyone overseas...