View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Asta, VC, congrats!

I'm finished day 3 now. The physical stuff seems over, no cravings or anything. Moods

Had a really good time with people earlier, in a drinking situation no less. My first time with people in a casual social environment for a long time, since before sobriety for sure. I didn't drink--didn't even feel compelled to--and had a great time.

Of course, it's bubbaland, and I got food poisoning... Great way to introduce myself to my new roommates.

First thing I did today, I went to the rehab to sign up. They said I was inappropriate because of possible medical complications (detoxing) and the fact that it was likely, given my history, that I wouldn't be able to stay sober for the 60 day wait period. So they recommended me to the county contractor, because they can handle detox. I called, and they told me it was a $50 fee to get on the wait list and $200 to go in. The wait is 9-12 months. So, until something better comes along, I'm bound to just try again... and probably again. I guess at least I'm sober more than I ever was... A lot more sober days than drinking days since July.

I'll get through school, even if it's as rocky as it is now... I got peace in my new house (they asked me if their guest could come!). I'll get through. And if I go to grad school, it'll be in another state, another county... if it's still a problem, I might have that option then.

Overall, a positive day... although this food poisoning hurts... as much as it makes me laugh.

Take care,
TB, who can't win for losing... but still sober and back to laughing at the whole thing