Thread: Dra
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Zencat
Volunteer Greeter

Recap of my DRA Step 1

I recognize that I am powerless and empowered at the same time with my duel disorder. I may not be able to control the on-come of cravings or urges and mental health symptoms. I can however control my what my response is going to be when I do have symptoms and urges. I can choose to do nothing and suffer the consequences of non-action or work a treatment program and seek help to get assistance from caring others.

DRA Step 2

In the DRA recommended book (free online DRA book of "The Twelve Steps and Dual Disorders") I am told that I can define my Higher Power as a Helping Power. I do believe in the helping power of people getting together to assist each other in recovery. I have experienced this first hand. Having felt the effects of positive experiences by being in treatment with others, encourages me to continue to believe in helping powers. I have always trusted the reality of my experiences, both good and bad, I'll continue to do so. Like one of my favorite authors said: "I don't have to have faith, I have experience." -Joseph Campbell.

Well that's the start of my 3rd step, more to come latter.