View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Mariposa18

Just wanted to let everyone know I didn't abandon this thread! lol My Daughter was sick and was admitted to the Hospital last week, now I"m sick =( BUT I have decided to give my first AA meeting a go as soon as I feel better. I've had a lot of reminders the past week as to why I'm on this journey and what it's going to take to continue to heal. I actually just spoke to a Friend whom I stopped speaking to over a total misunderstanding when I became sober. I opened myself up and let her know how much I care about her, how I will no longer lose Friends because I'm afraid of opening myself up. She was so happy that I called =) That was a huge step for me, opening myself up like that and letting someone know how I truly felt. It makes me realize I can do anything I set my mind to and I will do whatever it takes to be good to myself and continue on my path to recovery.

Thank you to every single one of you for your help and responses. As soon as I hit that meeting I will let you all know how it went!