View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Something inside you has to change, I don't know exactly what it is, I think it is really different for everyone. I've not had money (because I spent it all on drugs) and thought I was happy, but I was really just high. Now I have plenty of money (because I have a better job, because I quit the drugs) and I really struggle with happiness. Still, the happiness has never been there, I used the drugs to make me "feel" happy, not be happy.

I don't work a 12step program, but I am working with doctors, a theripist, SR, and reading on the topic, and even though I haven't found the "happieness" I so crave, I am staying clean, and do feel like I am making progress in that direction.

I would also recommend the inpatient rehab. Apparently you have the money to do it, so do it. If nothing else, it givs you a 30 "timeout" to work exclusively on you and your issues. There is no temptation to drink, as it just isn't an option there. Make a comitment to your sobriety. Take the plunge. That's what it is really all about. Take care.