View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 02:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SCRedhead
Enjoying Sobriety

Wow! Great shares!

I have almost 8 months sober and have been having a bad week....really like a week and a half now. Anyway, I picked up this old writing tablet of mine to calculate bills on the other day and Lo, and Behold, I opened it up to July of 2008 and I was attempting to write (I was obviously drunk) and I had written how bad things had gotten. My car was repo'd, I was in foreclosure and bankruptcy, I lost my job, I was hungry with no food, only had one cig. left, etc.....it went on for a couple of pages. Then I wrote that I had been asking God to help me and all I could think of was: Put the bottle down and get your @$$ up! I wrote that three times and then probably passed out. I don't even remember writing it.....Was that a moment of clarity in my drunken stupor? It tells me two things: One-Life was sooooooo much harder then that when I have "rough" sober days I need to remember how terribly bad it got! and Two-I knew in my heart what I needed to do: Put the bottle down and get your @$$ up!
It took about another 8 months to actually get sober, but now I have almost 8 months of sobriety. It just really amazed me to find that and to read my own drunken thoughts and I still wondered why everything was falling apart around me.....amazing!!